Please note that SpamSpector does not work with AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, MSN, Or any other proprietry mail system.
- A machine running Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 or XP.
- A POP3 or IMAP4 mailbox.
- A standard email program such as Outlook, Outlook Express or Eudora.
SpamSpector is the most advanced intelligent anti-spam program.
It blocks all unwanted email and protect your legitimate mails (No false positive(1)). Unobtrusive program that works in the background and learns from you as it goes along. It has built in filters for guaranteed results and automatic whitelist for your friends and family so you will not loose any your legitimate mails.
- NEW! Set up wizard for quick and easy installation. Once installed, SpamSpector sits in your system tray and you can forget all about it except Spam won't be causing you anymore trouble!
- NEW! Whitelist/Blacklist: you can choose to whitelist or blacklist any email address any time. People and mail servers with whom you correspond frequently are automatically white listed, and you can also add addresses or entire netblocks to your local blacklist.
- Automatic DNSBL(2) updates
- Multi-account mail client
(1) False positive: Legitimate email falsely detected as SPAM
(2) DNSBL: Patterned after the famous MAPS RBL, these are lists of parts of the Internet that in one way or another facilitate spam. Any email you get from a machine on one of these lists has an increased probability of being spam. Some ISPs already block all email from machines on some of these DNSBL lists, but many do not.